Tuesday 19 March 2013

Book Review: An Engagement Challenge by Kiru Taye


The Blurb
When savvy PR consultant Ijay Amadi meets successful Industrialist Paul Arinze, the only things on her mind are to forget the pain of her failed relationship and enjoy the delights his branding touch and soul-searing kiss promise. It’s a one-time only event. Perfect. 

However, Paul is annoyed to wake up and find her gone the next morning. He isn’t ready to forget the dark-haired beauty or their scorching night together just yet. So he plans to have Ijay right where he wants her—in Abuja, working on his latest business project by day and enjoying the pleasure of his bed by night.

Except when Ijay arrives, she’s wearing another man’s engagement ring. With the explosive desire between them threatening their priorities and loyalties, the stakes get higher by the minute. Who’ll be left standing at the altar when Ijay walks down the aisle?

My Review
An Engagement Challenge is my third book by Kiru Taye and I’m sure it won’t be the last, she’s written plenty of them and I’m going to be sure to read them all.

An Engagement Challenge is the second book in a three book series. I went in order and read A Valentine Challenge first, but it wouldn’t have thrown me off if I had read An Engagement Story first because they are separate and succinct stories with linking characters.

The book was spicy, I mean HOT. But the heat added to the romance of the story. The attraction between Ijay and Paul started strong and ended up even stronger. My stomach was flipping throughout the book because of the romance and that rarely happens for me with a book with strong sexual elements.

I found the characters to be likeable, people I could see myself hanging out with (except for three of them). The book is set in Nigeria and the UK and the descriptions of both countries hooked the reader into the environment. The book was full of passion, intrigue, jealousy, love, and a little bit of physical violence. There was even one point where I was horrified at Ijay’s actions and I slapped my forehead and said, “No, no, no. Don't do it. Don't do it.”
Once again Kiru Taye has written an engaging (no pun intended) fast read which snagged my interest from the beginning and kept it there.

I give An Engagement Challenge four out of five chocolate bars (one of them is dark chocolate, just for the cover- yum). Check out my review of Island Bound by Kiru Taye.

Happy reading everyone. I purchased this book from Amazon.com


  

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your excellent review, Nana. Kiru is one great romance writer i would very much love to read. I read about her on the website of RWoWA and I liked what I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an excellent writer. I'm sure you'd love her work Celestine.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.