Every once in a while you pick up a book, start to read and before you know it you’re looking at the end and wondering where the hell the pages went. You didn’t intend to read the book at the speed of light, but the writers had another idea.
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren was a fantastic book. When I first started reading it I didn’t know it was an erotic romance. I’m not a lover of erotic romance, in fact I avoid the genre. Well, by golly, Beautiful Bastard has changed my mind about reading erotic romances. The book was that good.
Here’s what made it good for me:
- It was very well written. I don’t know how these women write when they are separate, but together they fly.
- Chloe Miller was beautiful, super intelligent, strong, (except when it came to resisting her boss Bennet) and quick witted.
- Bennet Ryan was hot. Awesome body, handsome face, intelligent, driven, successful, great hair, big…well I’ll let you read about that for yourselves. Even though he was a bastard to Chloe, when he dealt with other people he was a nice guy, mostly.
- The book was laugh out loud funny.
- Both points of view were written in the first person. I thought this was genius. It took a minute at the beginning of each chapter to know who’s head I was in, but surprisingly it wasn’t annoying. It became like a game to figure it out quickly as I read along.
- The sex scenes were not impossibly long or unrealistic. I’m not a fan of an excessive number of sex scenes in a book, but this one was manageable
- It was a sigh at the end romantic story and I really like that.
The only thing I didn’t like about the book is that no condom was used (sorry, one was used).
I’m not rating this book with any of my chocolate bars because I wouldn’t have any left for myself. I give it a super high recommendation.
I purchased my copy from Amazon.com
An ambitious intern.
A perfectionist executive.
And a whole lot of name calling.
Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Chloe Mills has only one problem: her boss, Bennett Ryan. He's exacting, blunt, inconsiderate—and completely irresistible. A Beautiful Bastard.
Bennett has returned to Chicago from France to take a vital role in his family's massive media business. He never expected that the assistant who'd been helping him from abroad was the gorgeous, innocently provocative—completely infuriating—creature he now has to see every day. Despite the rumors, he's never been one for a workplace hookup. But Chloe's so tempting he's willing to bend the rules—or outright smash them—if it means he can have her. All over the office.
As their appetites for one another increase to a breaking point, Bennett and Chloe must decide exactly what they're willing to lose in order to win each other.