Saturday 5 January 2013

The non originality of thought, how annoying


       It annoys me that I think such wonderful thoughts and when the mood strikes me I say and write wonderful words (in my own opinion anyway), but in the end I am forced to remember that whatever I would consider original is not really original. The book of Ecclesiastes said it best, “There is nothing new under the sun.”

      People have existed for a long long long time.  Zenquillions (I made it up-or did I?) of people have  lived and died. Things have been done and said in this world that I can’t even imagine, so I still find it odd that the ‘eureka’ thought that seems so original to me is not. But I console myself with the thought that even though the same thought may have existed in the mind of a Native American man over five thousand years ago, I am the first and only me to have thought that thought. So it is original after all.
    Note: Abraham Lincoln was AWESOME!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.