Tuesday 17 April 2018

Review: Love Notes (Equilibrium Book 1) by Christina C. Jones


The Blurb
Love that says something, instead of just looking like it.

Love you can always trust to feel like home.

For both of them, it’s something that has always been just outside of their peripheral, something to be observed rather than experienced. A depth of feeling reserved for people who were “into” that, those with a different outlook, those more… deserving.

Until their paths cross.

Lines are crossed.

And maybe the stars are crossed too, because the connection and chemistry are so off the charts that they can’t stay away from each other, can’t avoid it... even if they think they should. 

My review
The books I have read by Ms. Jones have all been amazing and Love Notes was no exception. After reading the blurb I expected a highly emotional book, which I got, but not in the way I had anticipated. Jules is an amazing heroine. I really liked that she is pure confidence. She believed in herself and her talent and took a risk on showcasing both. She had a past which made her who she is and it was good to see her grow even further.

The passion between Jules and Troy was absolutely amazing. From the moment they first meet, the sparks flew.  They just seemed to belong together, even though they attempted to resist it. The secondary characters were highly entertaining. I’m looking forward to reading a story or two based on them.

My single complaint about the book is that I got a little lost with the slang in the dialogue. I caught up eventually, but it took me out of the story as I tried to figure out what they were expressing. Other than that I found the novel to be absolutely fantastic.

I give this book five out of five camera shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased my copy from AmazonUK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.