Wednesday 18 April 2018

Review: The Viking Wants Forever by Koko Brown


The Blurb
A Love Frozen In Time…
Reese Johnson yearns for a life other than the world of drudgery she’s settled for as the manager of a comic book store. What’s that they say? Be careful what you wish for? Well that’s a motto Reese should have tattooed across her forehead. Because Loki, the Norse god of mischief, has just the remedy for the boring life of this woman who denounces his existence.

His recipe for disaster?
Take a 30 year-old woman and send her back in time as a pawn for revenge. Couple her with Eirik Sigurdsson, a Viking Warlord, too arrogant and baggage-laden to be of any use for anything, but battle and bed. Mix thoroughly, folding in a heavy dose of pride, a tyrannical king, and a sympathetic goddess. Bake at high until a white-hot love is unleashed and then forever frozen in time.

My Review
When it comes to time travel, you never know how its going to end up. I absolutely loved how the book ended (I won’t spoil it for you). A modern African American woman going back to Viking times was a risky direction to take the story. I’m here to attest that it worked out perfectly. Reese did some good things for herself, Eirik, and his people when she was thrown back in time. I’m talking clap worthy actions.

The chemistry between Eirik and Reese was incredible. Sweet with a lot of erotic. Ms. Brown certainly likes to keep a reader on their toes about the characters actions throughout the story because there were quite a few times that I wanted to have a chat with both Reese and Eirik to help them make the right decisions.

I give this book five out of five ship shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased my copy from AmazonUK

6 comments:

  1. Great review! This sounds like a fun book. Time travel can be hit-or-miss sometimes, so it's good to know that element works well here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. So true. Time travel is risky.

      Delete
  2. Sweet with a lot of erotic sounds real good :) And woo that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review and I've been gawking at that hot cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.