Thursday 26 September 2013

The Good of #Ghana – Gorgeous rich diverse land

Second to the people, it’s the land that makes the country beautiful. Ghana is a rich country, literally. Full of fertile land, gold, oil, and more. When my plane was coming into Accra with my face wedged up against the window, my first thought at seeing my homeland was “Ghana is flat.” I’m laughing now because I was so wrong. Ghana is varying.

In our little country we have:

                          Beaches that dance with the ocean
Giggling along the beach in the Western Region

Mountains 
My tortuous climb up Mt. Afajatu


 Gorgeous lakes and rivers
A boat ride on the Volta Lake

Forests
Kakum National Park
Savannah (This is where some of our elephants live, gorgeous creatures). Did you know that they're fast runners?
Mole National Park (I'd rather show the land and the elephants than myself)

Did I tell you Ghana was beautiful or what?


8 comments:

  1. You are definitely right. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and what beautiful landscapes. I didn't know that elephants were fast runners, I wouldn't expect that! Have to admit I think I would have been afraid to cross that bridge, I am a total chicken about heights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It's a wonderful experience to visit Kakum that no one should miss when they come to Ghana.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures Nana, of you and the landscape :) I love elephants and giraffes. Are there giraffes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No elephants in Ghana. No lions or tigers either (just in case you were wondering).

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, Nana. Do you know I've never been to Kakum? My kids have been there on excursions and walked this walkway. I will be too scared to try it. You are brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sturdy, well built and excellently maintained structure. Nothing brave about it really. All you have to do is walk. I highly recommend it.

      Delete

I love reading your comments.