Saturday 1 June 2013

Book Review: Jilted By Kelly Jamieson

The tag team review duo, Prah and Constantine are back. We know you missed us, but we are a once a month writing event. After reading my review of Jilted by Kelly Jamieson head over to Cathrina Constantine’s blog to see what she thought of the book. I can’t wait to read her opinion.

This month I chose the book. I’ll admit it’s because I loved the cover. Of course I read the blurb and that drew me in even further. I love when people are jilted and forced to either bounce back or collapse into themselves.

Devon and Joshua got into me. I did not expect to relate so well to both characters when I started the reading. I could see a little bit of myself in both of them.

I was expecting a jaunty lighthearted read when I picked this novel.  I should have known better. Being jilted is painful, add to that a wonderful backstory and I had to toughen myself up in order to prevent the tears from falling. It was a horribly fantastic emotional roller coaster. Ms. Jamieson brought us through their story, not just to it. I loved the gentle way she led us to the ending.

Ms. Jamieson has a unique style of writing. I was impressed with how she started each new paragraph with a little bit of the other person’s perspective of what had happened in the previous chapter. The attraction between Josh and Devon was strong and it was well depicted from the beginning. The romance was hot. Wait, that should be HOT! Naughty Josh. Oh behave!

If you want a romance novel with hot sex scenes and a depth within the story that will make your throat tight and shed a tear or two, then Jilted is for you.

I give Jilted four out of five of my fabulous chocolate bars. Yum.

I purchased this book form Amazon.com


Here’s the blurb and the fantastic cover.



The wedding's off but the honeymoon is on...

The Promise Harbor Wedding, Book 1

Devon can do this. She can show up at her ex-boyfriend Josh's wedding, even though he's marrying her ex-best-friend. She can show everyone she's happy with her fabulous life in Boston, her great career, her amazing shoes -- and she can show everyone she's over him.

Truth is, her life isn't so fabulous. She's just been downsized out of her job, her Jimmy Choos won't pay her mortgage, and...she's still heartbroken that Josh chose family over her. The real reason she's enduring this wedding is that her next stop is nearby Greenbush Island, her last hope of finding a new job.

Josh knows marrying long-time friend Allie will make everyone happy after the rough time their families have been through, and since the woman he really wanted to marry chose her career and big city life over him -- why not?

But the perfect wedding turns into a perfect disaster when Allie leaves him at the altar for another man. He never saw that coming! But hey, Devon's there, offering to help him look for Allie on Greenbush Island, where he'd planned their honeymoon. Only, all they find are their old feelings for each other and a temptation to risk their hearts one more time...

Warning: This book contains a firefighter hot enough to ignite flames, a woman who doesn't want to get burned again, a honeymoon suite but no honeymoon, and sex not on the beach (sorry).

11 comments:

  1. As always your review is outstanding, Nana. You write with wit, it's almost like I can hear you talking while I read. This month we disagree a little on the read,funny how books affect us all so differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I just came from your blog. We totally disagreed on this book. I like it. Now I really feel like we are more like Siskel and Ebert, they didn't agree on everything either. Same time next month. I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting! I'm going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Leslie. But you may want to read Constantine's review before you make any decisions.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an intriguing story...might have to add this one to my reading list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love the cover too, and the blurb. Might have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No skin is exposed on the cover, but it looks sexy. The pink writing appeals to me.

      Delete
  5. LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys books because of the cover. Great review. Will have to add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiru. It's good to know you are not alone.

      Delete
  6. Great review, Nana. You k now I actually know of a guy who spent his engagement night in the arms of his ex girl-friend. Apparently they still have the hots for each other. And now looking at the guy's marriage, I hate to say he made a mistake but he actually did.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.