Thursday 16 May 2013

Book Review: Ten Reasons Not To Date A Cop by Amie Louellen


When I first saw the cover of Ten Reasons Not To Date A Cop by Amie Louellen I knew it would be a fun, flirty, light read. I was not disappointed.

Kaylee Stephens  is caught up in one of  Detective Luc Blackfox’s investigations. When he is thrown off the case he decides to make a play for Kaylee, but she refuses because she does not date cops.

I chuckled, not just smiled, throughout the book. The characters are well written and engaging. I rolled my eyes at Kaylee several times because she seemed too stubborn. Luc was one of those never give up kind of guys, and that was a good thing for Kaylee, well it was good for him too. He was hot with his dark skin, dark hair, and handcuffs. 

The romantic elements were one of the best parts of the book, it wasn’t just about sex, there was actual wooing involved.

I have two objections. The first is that I was expecting to read about ten reasons not to date a cop, it may just be me, but I didn’t find ten. The second was that the ending seemed a little  rushed. Kaylee gave in too easily.  Otherwise I enjoyed the book and look forward to reading other works  from Amie Louellen.

I give this book four out of five chocolate bars.


I purchased my copy at Amazon.com
Here’s the blurb and the fun cover. Happy reading everyone.

Love turns up in all the wrong places…at just the right time.

Growing up a police chief’s daughter, Kaylee Stephens saw firsthand how arrogant cop attitudes affect a marriage. Not for her, no sir. But when a priceless, pre-Columbian statue comes up missing, the day-school teacher finds herself in the middle of a police investigation. And face-to-face with sexy Detective Lucas Blackfox, her brothers’ old high school chum.

She had nothing to do with the crime, despite the fact that she—up until very recently—was engaged to the number one suspect. Once that’s cleared up, she plans to return to her peaceful, cop-less life.

Luc can’t seem to keep Kaylee out of his thoughts, and it’s not just because every time he and his partner turn over a new stone in the case, Kaylee shows up. She’s grown from the pig-tailed tagalong he once knew to a woman he’d like to know better.

His quest to convince her he’s not just a typical cop is right on track toward making her a permanent fixture in his arms...until the missing statue’s legendary curse drops an emotional bomb that could destroy everything.

Product Warnings
This book contains steamy love scenes between a cop and a woman who refuses to date men in uniform. Clear your schedule, readers, you’re gonna want to get out the cuffs after this one.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read! My TBR list is growing thanks to you Nana :) Good thing summer is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nana! I really appreciate you--not only reading my book and enjoying it--but taking the time to write something about it as well! As for the ten reasons...we (my editor and I) had originally planned to put them in the book, and then something happened...as usual with publications. But you can read them on my blog, if you'd like to. :)
    http://amielouellen.com/blog/page/4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so honored to have Amie Louellen on my blog.I love when the author comes to my blog. I have a touch of star fever. I'm headed to your blog to find out the 10 reasons. Cool.

      Delete
  3. Another book to add to my TBR list. This one looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.