Monday 9 October 2017

Review: Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin #9) by G.A. Aiken


The Blurb

HE SAYS . . .
I, Aidan the Divine, am . . . well, divine. My name was given to me by the Dragon Queen herself! I’m a delight! Cheerful. Charming. And a mighty warrior who is extremely handsome, with a very large and well-hidden hoard of gold. I am also royal-born, despite the fact that most in my family are horrendous beings who don’t deserve to live. And yet, Branwen the Awful—a low-born, no less—either tells me to shut up or, worse, ignores me completely.

SHE SAYS . . .
I’ll admit, I ignore Aidan the Divine because it annoys him. A lot. But we have so much to do right now, I can’t worry about why he keeps staring at me, or why he always sits so close, or why he keeps looking at me like he’s thinking about kissing me. We have our nations to save and no time for such bloody foolishness . . . no matter how good Aidan looks or how long his spiked tail is. Because if we’re going to win this war before it destroys everything we love, we’ll have to face our enemies together, side by side and without distractions. But if we make it out alive, who knows what the future will hold . . .

My Review
I loved (repeat until the word sounds weird) this book from beginning to end. Catching up with all of my favorite characters while going on an adventure was amazing. Aidan and Branwen were wonderful together, but I could see it coming from the previous book. Branwen is a fantastic character, not as great as Annwyl – who is one of my all time favorites in all of female heroine history- but she holds her own.

This book should not be the first you start in the series because you will get lost. Once you start from the first book, you’ll eventually end up here because the stories are just too good to let go of. This book, like the others, was dynamic and engaging. It ruined me for other books for a few days because it was so dag on good.

I give this book five out of five chainmail shirt chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from AmazonUK

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds amazing. Can really sense your enthusiasm for these books through this review alone. Glad this series continues to wow you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.