Wednesday 11 January 2017

Review: Fireworks at Midnight (A Witch’s Night Out #3) by Tara Quan


The Blurb
Recent college graduate and part-time cat familiar Dulcina “Sweets” Gato is having the worst New Year’s Eve in living memory. End of year expenses trigger serious cash flow problems, and her microwave just went up in smoke. To make matters worse, her best friend’s overprotective big brother is back in town, and his return threatens to put a huge crimper on her nocturnal activities. The only thing she can look forward to is Madame Eve’s 1-Night Stand service. After all, she’s sick and tired of being a 21-year-old virgin.

Enforcement Agent Mikal Knight is a warlock on a mission. Having finally scored a transfer to Washington, D.C., he’s now at liberty to pursue the object of his desires—his baby sister’s best friend. But first, he has a vigilante to track down and a mysterious matchmaking service to investigate. Sent on an undercover operation, he resigns himself to a pointless 1-Night Stand on New Year’s Eve. As luck would have it, his mystery date’s identity might let him kill several birds with one stone.

My Review
There isn’t a Tara Quan novel I’ve read that I haven’t loved. She has a fresh voice that makes me laugh out loud throughout while reading. And boy can she pack in the heat.

I love a friends to lovers’ trope. Add that both Dulcina and Mikal (totally yummy) are magical beings with amazing powers and enough attraction flaring between them to burn up the pages and you had me at hello. A fast entertaining read that ushered me into the new year.

I give this five out five microwave shaped chocolate bar.


I purchased this book from Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Tara wrote a steamy novel. Adding to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read you wish list one day. There must be son awesome books on there.

      Delete

I love reading your comments.