Friday 12 December 2014

Review: When Clouds Touch by Ey Wades



The blurb
When Clouds Touch is the story of soul mates, Paisley and Malachi . 
Destined to meet since before birth, their story wraps us somewhere between loving and caring, wanting the best for someone, while wanting to see them happy, even when it is risky and they must obey the demands of family. 

Paisley, a woman of Japanese descent, living with Albinism and heart disease, is meek, yet makes no apologies for seeking what she yearns to have. Hiding behind the protective fold of her wagasa, she longs for freedom from her overprotective parents and the love of a man she's known only in her dreams, even at the cost of her health. 

Malachi, a man who has visions of meeting an elusive shadow, uses his sense of humor and sensitive side to build their relationship. He's determined to win her love, even against the wishes of her parents. 

My review
I was hooked when I read the blurb and saw that it was all about soul mates. 

This was a touching story. Some of the scenes were so sweet that they had me sighing. I learned some revealing things about albinism from reading this novel. They do not have an easy life, and it was reflected well within the story. A truly unique reading experience.


The ending didn’t end up the way I thought it would. I don’t give spoilers so you’ll have to read and find out what happened. 

I give this book three out of five umbrella shaped chocolate bars.


I was given this book for an honest review.

It can be found on Amazon here.

2 comments:

I love reading your comments.