Saturday 13 December 2014

Review: What a Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken #Fantasy #Romance

The Blurb
Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, 'Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us - the most loved of all dragons?' No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer. So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying...woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman - one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor? And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart? 

My review
I still proclaim that G.A. Aiken is writing genius.

For me Gwenvael is the most entertaining dragon in the whole series. As I read through the first two books, I wondered just who would snag the charismatic, funny, dragon/whore. Dagmar was perfect. She’s an intellectual who fears nothing because reason and logic are her greatest allies.

The story was amazing, filled with my favorites: action, romance, and situations that made me laugh. I’m still smiling remembering some of the lines.

Ms. Aiken is a heartless author. She made me go through a traumatic event during the book that made me say “No! Say it isn’t so!” and almost skip ahead in the book to see if it was true. I’m shaking my head thinking about it.
I give this book five out of five thick spectacle (glasses) shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from Amazon (as a book bundle - one of the best investments ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.