Saturday 20 July 2013

Book Review: Always Yours by Somi Ekhasomhi


I’d like to thank Mary Okeke Reviews  who reviewed Always Yours on her blog and encouraged me to read it.

The blurb
Sophie is young, beautiful, and runs her own magazine. She loves her life, her job, her friends, in fact, she has everything she wants. What she doesn't have, however, is the man she has been in love with for the past five years.

Michael once crushed her feelings, after taking her innocence. After all this time, she should have forgotten him, but she is still desperately in love with him.

The best way to get over someone is to see them again, or so they say. So when Sophie engineers a meeting with Michael, all she wants, is to finally be able to forget him, or so she tells herself.
But as soon as she sees him again, she realizes that she still wants him, and he seems delighted to see her again. Everything is going well, until he tells her that he is engaged, crushing her hopes again. Now she has to fall out of love with him, as difficult as that is, or give in to the temptation of loving him, even though he belongs to someone else. 


My Review
I enjoy romance novels which are initially based on friendship. From the very beginning of Sophie and Michael’s encounter the reader feels the undercurrent flow of attraction between them. This attraction ends up exploding, eventually leading to the drama of the story.

A stubborn woman who is not able to express herself well when it comes to matters of the heart makes for a good romance novel, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I’ll admit that Sophie had me wanting to shake her a few times as I read. When she admitted that she didn’t understand her reasoning behind what one of her pivotal actions was, it made me feel better about her.

The story was written from Sophie’s point of view so I felt that I didn’t get to understand Michael and his motivations as much as I wanted to.

When I chose to read this novel I was looking for something light, short, and entertaining.  I was not disappointed.  The second book in the Lagos Romance Series, Hidden Currents, is ready for our reading pleasure and I’m looking forward to it.

I give this book three and a half chocolate bars. 

I purchased my copy at Amazon.com

Happy reading everyone.








8 comments:

  1. A lovely review. It's on my TBR so hopefully I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will enjoy it, Kiru.

      Delete
    2. At last you read it. I am glad you like it. Nice review.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Mary. I'm glad I read it too.

      Delete
  2. Great review Nana! I love it... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, Nana.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.