Saturday 3 November 2012

The sameness, the oneness


I used to love when my mother and I wore the same style of clothes or the same colors when going out. I used to coordinate my clothes with hers to go to church on Sunday. It tickles me when I see someone wearing the same outfit  or print as I am as I walk down the street. I attended Catholic school all of my life and I never had a problem wearing a uniform and looking like everyone else.

                These things give me a sense of oneness with the people I encounter, always reminding me that the people of the world are one unified body. We are all individuals, living our own lives, but we are unified so that we can never truly be separated. The movie Lion King 2 said it in a way I could dance to, “We are one.” And I am reminded of this when I see our outward similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.