Friday 14 September 2012

The futility of fairness


 Fairness is a relative term. The concept of it smacked me on the side of the head one day when I was complaining that something wasn’t fair, and someone said the dreaded words, “Who said life is fair?” At the time the words made me see red. But he was absolutely right, life is not fair.

            As I look at my fully functioning legs walking or having a roof over my head and think of those who can’t take a single step without feeling pain, people who have had to battle cancer, or those who can’t afford to eat everyday, I can honestly say that life isn’t fair. It’s all about perspective and which side of the fairness coin a person is on. I will no longer complain about the unfairness of things in my life, because life really isn’t fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.