Tuesday 19 September 2017

6 ways to know you have on too much perfume


A very long time ago I got into my mother’s perfume when she wasn’t home. I sprayed on one of her Avon scents. One spritz at the neck, another at the wrists, and then I walked through a puff of it just like my mom did. How come I couldn’t smell it on myself? I must not have used enough.  Spritzing at least ten more times, I left the house perfumed up and happy. Unfortunately this little top 6 list comes from the lesson I learned that day.


You know you have on too much perfume perfume when:
  1. people start coughing and gagging when you walk into the room.
  2. someone sprays air freshener near (and around) you.
  3. you leave the room and return because you’ve forgotten something, and the air is cloudy.
  4. people back up when you attempt to get close to them.
  5. people start fanning themselves, especially in an air conditioned room.
  6. you question what the hell smells so badly, only to realize it is you wearing too much perfume.

One of my characters, Adjoa from Entwined Destiny, is obsessed with perfume. She knows just how to spray it on to entice rather than repel.


Did I miss anything? Do you have a  perfume overload experience you’d like to share?

6 comments:

  1. Haha, great list! When I was a kid, my sister would purposely spray too much perfume in a room to nauseate me, and because I have a disorder that makes everything smell/taste metallic...she always succeeded. LOL.

    And an obsession with perfume is such a fascinating trait to give a character. Rarely ever see that in books. Very cool that you've included that in one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister sounds like she was amazingly annoying. Poor childhood you. And yet looking back at it your situation makes me laugh.

      Delete
  2. Oh Nana, I do exactly just that, Bath myself in perfume and my husband keeps telling me that I over do it. But until I can smell it so heavily on me, then I keep going pffffffff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh so much, Celestine. I hope this post gives you verification and your husband's nose a rest. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.