Saturday 26 August 2017

Review: Kissed by Christmas (Tropical Destiny #2) by Jamie Pope

The Blurb
Christmas in paradise

Hallie Roberts has had a string of bad luck, beginning with her fiancĂ© dumping her! Now she is disillusioned and ready to leave her beloved big-city teaching job behind and return to her idyllic island hometown. Then fate intervenes, and a slip and fall on the ice brings gorgeous, brave paramedic Asa Andersen to her rescue and into her chaotic life. 

Saving victims can take its toll, but Hallie fills Asa with hope and renewed purpose. His mission to show the homesick English teacher a romantic New York Christmas culminates in a passionate, brief affair. But Asa isn't about to lose the best thing to ever happen to him. When they meet again on Hideaway Island, the magic and sensuality of the sultry isle affects them both. Can he convince Hallie to trust in their future and a love that's worth every risk?


My Review
This has to be one of the sweetest romances I’ve read in a long time. Hallie and Asa were just so like-able that I wanted them to get together from the very beginning and make sure they had no problems. But that’s just not how a romance novel rolls. Of course there were issues between them which I knew were going to be resolved, but how it would come about had me turning the pages.

The settings were gorgeous, from the winter wonderland they visited in New York to the island paradise of Hallie’s home.

A wonderful romance that had me sighing at the end. I’m looking forward to reading more from Jamie Pope.

I give this book five out of five ambulance shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased my copy from Amazon US



2 comments:

I love reading your comments.