Monday 15 May 2017

Review: Taste for Temptation (Temptation 1) by Phyllis Bourne

The Blurb
Only one man can satisfy her craving…
No one dumps Brandi Collins! After being left at the altar, the Nashville high school teacher plans to get back at her ex by undergoing a major transformation. But how is she supposed to shed those extra pounds with that intoxicating aroma wafting into her condo? And the tempting smell of mouth-watering chocolate has nothing on the handsome hunk who’s creating the irresistible confections.
Adam Ellison has given up everything for his dream of winning the International Chocolate Pastry Competition. His voluptuous new neighbor knocking on his door at three in the morning is a distraction he doesn’t need!
Now only one thing will satisfy Adam’s craving for Brandi. But what happens when she discovers her struggling pastry chef is really the heir to a multi-million-dollar corporate empire? Will Brandi still be there intoxicating him with her kisses…or will Adam lose his chance for a lifetime of love?

My Review
I’m a sucker for romances that feature chocolate. Not only did the treats that Adam created sound irresistible, but he did too. Yes he was handsome, rich, and could bake up a storm, but he wasn’t a perfect man. He had issues which drove him and that made him a more enticing character.

Brandi was an amazing heroine. Her relationship with her mother was an interesting one and I felt badly for what she had to contend with and often times wondered how she was able to. But she was a strong woman and that made her endure. I loved the heat between Adam and Brandi and rooted for them from their first encounter.

One thing I also have to say is that the writing was amazing. It was descriptive, but not burdened, and the images it left in my mind still have me chuckling.

I give this book five out of five cake shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.