Saturday 14 January 2017

Review: Compromising Positions (Highland Wolf Pact #2) by Selena Kitt

The Blurb
Kirstin has never been out of her den before, but now one of her pack is seriously injured—he may even be dying. Desperate to help, she races straight to Middle March, the borderland between Scotland and England, and falls right into a dangerous trap.

As the new laird of his clan, Donal MacFalon has made it clear that he, unlike his brother before him, will honor the wolf pact, an agreement their father made with England’s King Henry VII to protect Scotland’s wolf shifters, the wulvers, who most believe to be only the stuff of legend.

Wulvers, though, are very real. Kirstin knows. She’s one of them.

When Donal MacFalon turns those steel blue-grey eyes her way, she realizes she’s facing something far more dangerous in this man than any trap.

This man, already promised to another, has a power over her no man or wulver has ever had before. When he opens his castle and his heart to her, she finds herself willing to risk not only her own heart, but everything she’s ever known, just to be with him.

Kirstin will find herself caught-—between the man she loves and his intended bride, between her pack and a human world frightened of her kind, between nations whose hatred runs deep.

Kirstin will be forced to make choices no woman, or wulver, should ever have to make. All for one man, whose love goes beyond borders, nations, or legends, whose heart beats only for her. 

My Review
I am officially in love with this series.  I should’ve known that when Donal was introduced in book one  and liked him from the beginning because he was good to the heroine, that he’d get his own story. A wonderful star crossed lovers type of novel which had me wondering just how he and Kristin would get together. That’s all I kept thinking about as I plowed through the story.

Their attraction is immediate and Ms. Kitt does a fabulous job of actually putting us smack dab in the middle of this swirling heat. Kristin is a strong wulver who knows just what she wants even if she doesn’t know how she’s going to get him, but Donal had enough faith in their love for the both of them.

The words that came out of Donal’s mouth were some of the sweetest I’ve ever read. Aww came out my mouth more than once.

I give this book five out of five book shaped chocolate bars (you’ll understand once you read it).


I purchased my copy from Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this book sounds great. The wulvers, and the world-building in general, are especially fascinating to me. Glad this series keeps meeting your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I get the best of 3 worlds, Historical, Paranormal, and Scotland.

      Delete
  2. Adding to my wishlist. Passionate, strong and sweet sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.