Tuesday 17 May 2016

Review: Any Way You Want It (Moments in Maplesville #6) by Farrah Rochon #AARomance

The Blurb
Nyree Grant is determined to hold the grand opening of the Any Way You Want It Salon and Spa on the birthday of her aunt, who left Nyree the inheritance that made it possible for her to follow her dream. But finding a contractor to renovate the old building on such short notice has proven to be a problem. Enter Dale Chauvin, former local football standout and current star of her late-night fantasies.

Once a shoe-in for the NFL, Dale Chauvin has spent the past five years working construction jobs in Maplesville while guarding a secret he’s held since college. But a new renovation project is shoving him out of his rut and testing the limits of both his management skills and his patience. Though his biggest obstacle may be fighting off the feelings he’s starting to have for his new boss. 


My Review
I have read every Moments in Maplesville novella and loved them all. I’ve learned over the years that there comes a point in every series where you don’t enjoy the book you’re reading as much as you did the others. This is the book in that series for me. It’s not that I didn’t like it, because I did, but I found something missing.

In the beginning I kept wondering where the chemistry was between Nyree and Dale. I had to wait a little while before it manifested. On a good note, Nyree is an amazing character. One of those power women who’s a little too stubborn for her own good at times, but still manages to prevail because she knows she can.

I have faith in Ms. Rochon’s story telling skills and have already preordered her next book, Any Time You Need Me, which looks delicious.

I give this book three out of five shampoo bottle shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.