Tuesday 4 August 2015

Prah, Constantine, and Baryeh Review: Pop Travel by Tara Tyler



I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. This week we decided to go the Science Fiction route. I’m a lover of the genre when it comes to television and movies, but this is the first time I’m reading it.

Remember to head over to Constantine and Baryeh’s blogs once you’ve read my review to find out what they thought.

The Blurb
In 2080, technology has gone too far for J. L. Cooper. He thinks he can avoid pop travel teleportation, until he stumbles onto a video of a pop traveler who turns to dust.

Sparking a series of murders, attempts on his life, and threats to his brother, Cooper wants to pass off the evidence but knows he’s being watched and can’t trust anyone. And who would believe him?

With help from the neurotic genius “Creator” of pop travel and a beautiful Southern charmer, Cooper must expose the deadly glitch and shut it down or die trying. No problem.

My Review
Similar to the Sci Fi shows and movies I’ve watched, Pop Travel stayed true to the science. Something that could totally exist, but I didn’t completely understand even though I wanted experience it.  All except for the turning into the dust.

Adding suspense, action, and a little bit of romance into the mix made this book a winner.
Cooper was a fabulous hero. Intelligent, handsome, physically fit (with his rusty karate moves), and loyal to humanity. He risked his life to ensure others wouldn’t die because of the secret which had been thrust upon him.

I’ll warn you that some of the dialogue was corny, but it fit right into the story, making me laugh in spite of my eye roll. All in all the book moved along at a fast pace taking me all over the world (I love that).

I bought my copy from Amazon.



I give this book five out of five bags of chocolate chips (to represent the dust).

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the morning chuckle, Nana. Chocolate chips to represent the dust!!! We agree on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the dialogue too! And I loved Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are amazing! thanks so much!! so glad you all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely review, Nana.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.