Thursday 30 July 2015

Review: Curiously Dark Tales by Debbie Christiana #Anthology #Thriller


Prelude to a review
On occasion I like to take a break from my beloved romance novels. I once considered reading a Stephen King book, but thought better of it at the last moment. I’m not a fan of horrors only because I’m a chicken (as I’ve admitted to many times before). With that said, on to my review.

The Blurb
Supernatural beings and the evils of humanity come alive in these six, grim tales with a twist.

My Review
This anthology took me into the darker areas of humanity and the paranormal world than I normally like to go.  The stories were compact and yet all ended in a satisfactory (not happy – at least from the perspective of the teller) manner.

The stories are disturbing, but I couldn’t stop reading them because they’re so engaging. And they all have that moment when I said, “Oh, my goodness.”

Dark tales that may or may not give nightmares, but will leave you wondering about the disturbing actions of individuals (chills down my spine).

I give this book five out of five (athame, rope, flame thrower, olives, taxi, Strega wine bottle, big block of cement – I can’t choose) shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased my copy from Amazon.

6 comments:

  1. LOL, Nana, that's a great idea. I should get chocolate bars in all those shapes :)

    Thank you for the wonderful review. You're the best!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for writing such a great anthology.

      Delete
  2. LOL flame thrower!
    Great post, Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana. I know scary things disturb you, and your fantastic review had me chuckling. I have Debbie's book and can't wait to sink my teeth into it...Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Couldn't resist adding this to my wishlist immediately, since I absolutely adore horror. It's my favorite genre, in fact... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.