Friday 18 July 2014

Celebrate the small things- the final countdown

Vikki at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author has started a meme where every Friday we post what we're celebrating for the week. Thanks Vikki. It's not too late to sign up if you're interested.


This week I am celebrating:

Digging myself out of a muck of low self-confidence this week. Sometimes you just have to go through it and find yourself on higher plane.

Working on first round edits for Destiny Mine. Although I'm grumbling some, I still love it. Not the pain of it, but the product.

I traveled all the way to Accra just to visit with my best friend for the day. I wish I could do it everyday. There was pizza and unruly toddlers involved. A fabulous day.


Only two more weeks of school. It's the final countdown. Does the song come to anyone else's mind? Here's a throwback video. Enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm trying to dig myself out as we speak. Well, we're not actually speaking . . . but you know what I mean lol Glad you found that higher place and are loving what you did for Destiny Mine! Woot! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I know what you mean. Good luck with getting out of the muck, S.K.

      Delete
  2. Only two weeks left? You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You can do it! Yay! I smell a chocolate celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Shelly. Yes a chocolate celebration is in order.

      Delete
  4. I understand how you feel about the low self-confidence. I go through it quite often. I hope you've dug yourself out of it and your confidence is back full force! I'm thrilled that you're able to get to your first round of edits-I'm not crazy about the editing part of writing; it makes me nuts. I hope you have a great night. Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva. It's a pity self confidence tends to fluctuate.

      Delete
  5. Glad your mood has lifted dear friend. Yay for the edits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love those glorious, big hair bands. The music on the song is awesome. So glad you pulled through those feelings of doubt. I've had lots of moments along this journey when I struggled with self-confidence. You just have to wade your way through the storm. Each time I struggle with something like this I learn a little more about myself and come out of it feeling a little stronger. Hoping the same for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Reese. Sometimes I wish we could come out stronger without having to go through the muck. But it all works out in the end right?

      Delete

I love reading your comments.