Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pay attention to me instead of texting

I may be just a little selfish (or am I self absorbed?), whatever I am I know that when I'm  having a conversation with someone I don’t expect them to be having a conversation with someone else via text.  I don’t like it. I think it’s distracting and rude.
   I don’t mind them reading a text, excusing themselves from the conversation and texting or calling someone back, but when the texts ping pong back and forth so that the person no longer pays attention to the real life conversation they are having (with me) then I find it distracting, and did I mention rude?.
   I’m not sure why they do it, maybe they think they can multi-task or that they think they look cool. The reason doesn’t matter, what does matter is that they are wasting my time and making me feel as if our conversation isn’t important enough to give their full attention to. I’m just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.