Friday 21 September 2012

The strange abundance of enemies in the world


            I go to church and I hear about enemies. I go to work and I hear about enemies. The rage is all about enemies, and if not enemies then frenemies.

            I'm aware that there are people in this world who I don’t like very much and of course I know there are people who don’t like me at all (shocking right?). The reason why I wouldn’t consider them an enemy is because I don’t want to see bad things happen to them (well maybe temporarily in the heat of an angry moment, but then I get over it).
            My problem with seeing someone as an enemy is that a person invests so much time thinking about them and wanting negative things to happen to them that it seems like a major waste of time. I would rather pray to God that good things happen to me than that bad things happen to my ‘enemies.’ So me, I boldly claim that I don’t have any enemies, only people who inadvertently try to help me to grow by throwing little surmountable obstacles in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.