Tuesday 21 August 2012

Namibia is a country??!!!


I first learned that Namibia was a country during one of the African Cup of Nations Games, imagine my surprise. I had never heard of the place before, and it’s a big county too. I still find it entertaining to say the name of a country I had never heard of before. 

         I did some research and found that the African continent has 52 countries and I had never actually heard of about 10 of them (I am geographically challenged). I had a layover in Namibia when I flew to South Africa. Didn’t get to see any of the country other than the vast desert that we flew over, but I can tell you that the place was freezing cold, literally zero degrees Celcius. I wish I could have seen more than just the airport though.
       I never even knew that Angelina Jolie gave birth to her baby girl there in 2006. If I had heard, it would have given me a heads up on the country actually existing.
            So much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.