Sunday 11 December 2016

Review: Silk & Scandal (Silk 1) by Cassandra Dean #HistoricalRomance


The Blurb
Eight years ago…
Thomas Cartwright and Lady Nicola Fitzgibbons were friends. Over the wall separating their homes, Thomas and Nicola talked of all things – his studies to become a barrister, her frustrations with a lady’s limitations.

All things end.
When her diplomat father gains a post in Hong Kong, Nicola must follow. Bored and alone, she falls into scandal. Mired in his studies of the law and aware of the need for circumspection, Thomas feels forced to sever their ties.

But now Lady Nicola is back…and she won’t let him ignore her...



My Review
This was one of the most adorable books I’ve read in a long time. I loved the way it started with an interaction of correspondences between the hero and heroine. So much happened in those letters; they told of their bond of friendship which they didn’t know at the time would lead to more.

Nicola is the type of heroine everyone likes because she goes after what she desires. Sometimes being so determined ends up with her embroiled in a scandal. Although she seemed like a nothing-could-bother-her sort of woman, my heart broke for her a few times during the story.

Thomas is a man with a sad past, and this gives him depth, allowing the reader to understand what motivates him to do what he does, even though it was not a good thing. Nicola ended up surprising me by being more than she portrayed herself to be. Their process of moving from friendship to something more was so romantic (I’m smiling as I recall that moment).

I give this book five out of five cement wall shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased my copy from Amazon.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it. Sweet yet torrid friendship to romance are a good read.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.