Thursday 4 February 2016

Prah, Constantine, and Baryeh Review: Game of Love by Melissa Foster

 
Happy New Year everyone. I’m pretty sure you were all distraught when we didn’t post last month. Due to our busy schedules we decided to take a short break, but now we’re back.

This month’s book was chosen when we realized that all three of us had the book sitting on our Kindle and we’d never read a book by Melissa Foster before.

Remember to stop by Empi Baryeh and Cathrina Constantine’s blogs to see what they thought of the novel.


The Blurb

Ellie Parker is a master at building walls around her heart. In the twenty-five years she’s been alive, Dex Remington has been the only person who has always believed in her and been there for her. But four years earlier she came to Dex seeking comfort, and then disappeared like a thief in the night, leaving him a broken man. 

Dex Remington is one of the top PC game developers in the U.S. He’s handsome, smart, and numb. So damn numb that he’s not sure he’ll ever find a reason to feel again. 

A chance encounter sparks intense desires in Ellie and Dex. Desires that make her want to run—and make him want to feel. A combination of lust and fear leads these young lovers down a dangerous path. Is it possible to cross a burned bridge or are they destined to be apart forever? 

My Review
I enjoyed the depth of the romance between Dex and Ellie. Their intense attraction sizzled in their present relationship and was so sweet in their past.

I thought the novel dwelled a lot on the past. I know the couple had a deep history and it was important to bring it out, but just when I thought we’d stay in the present, we got thrown into their history and I found it made the novel dragged quite a bit.

I give this book three out of five chocolate bars.


I purchased my copy from Amazon.

6 comments:

  1. Sad when a book gets bogged down. Still sounds like a steamy read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, although I did find their love and their character development believable. I hope the others in the series don't have the same issues. I have a thing for series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not either. It seems you have a long way to go with Ms. Foster's books. She has a lot of them out.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear this book dragged for you. It sounds like an intriguing romance despite that, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.