Thursday 2 July 2015

Prah, Constantine and Baryeh Review: The Lightning Prophesy by Emily Cyr #ParanormalRomance

Happy summer everyone. That means people are on vacation either chasing their children or reading. Maybe something in between is going on, too. 

This month we got into a paranormal romance. I hope you’ll take a moment to head over to Constantine and then Baryeh’s blogs after you finish with my review.
 The Blurb

Delaney Hagen’s power to control lightning is unique, even among witches. That uniqueness has caused her to run and hide from her kind - and the other supernatural beings in the world. Finally, after years of running, she feels safe enough to settle down. But her life’s calm is completely destroyed when her best friend is murdered. Delaney teams up with the mysterious and sexy Reid Jamison to figure out just what is going down in her world. Delaney will have to make a choice between her life and love. Will she be the product of a prophecy or will her fate be changed?Reid Jamison knew this case wouldn't be easy. But, with the money the Coven was throwing at him, how could he say no? When he met Delaney Hagen, his whole world began to unravel. Faced with a prophecy, murders, love and betrayal, will Reid be able to hang on to this new world? Or will it slip away?

My Review
The story is wonderful.  A witch with little control over her powers meets and falls in love with a werewolf as they attempt to find who’s killing witches on the East Coast.  The heroine, Delaney, had me laughing with her flippant comments and the situations she got herself into, especially with her friend Troy who was a hoot and a half.

Reid had me fanning myself with his hotness. And I adored the way Reid and Delaney’s romance combusted, from the moment they met, to… I don’t do spoilers so you’ll have to read and find out for yourself.

As I mentioned I really liked the story, but found it could do with some more editing. I found the plot to be intriguing and had difficulty putting it down once I started it so I would’ve given it a higher rating if all had been well with the editing, but it wasn’t. That’s what dragged my rating down.

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review. You can purchase it from Amazon (where I cashed in my gift book) if you so desire.

This is not a stand alone novel.

I give this book three and a half lightning shaped chocolate bars.


4 comments:

I love reading your comments.