Monday 17 March 2014

Review: Seduced by Pain by Karpov Kinrade

The Constantine portion of Prah and Constantine Reviews turned me onto book one of Rose’s Story  (Read my review here).  I was hooked by book one and went on to buy the full boxed set of the series from Amazon.com.


The Blurb

Their passion will destroy them.
Only true love can save them.

"Hope is a fragile thing, yet strangely enduring. It hides in the crevices of pain, burrowing deep until unseen, for fear that sorrow, in its rage, will devour hope's desperate hold on the heart. 

It can live there for years, silent and waiting. Or, it can be slaughtered with a word— mankind's most powerful weapon.

They say that universes are created with words.

And with words, they are destroyed.

Just as mine has been."

In the sequel to Seduced by Innocence, Derek and Rose face even greater threats to their love. As Derek fights to protect his family's source of power, Rose struggles to control her own.


My Review
As promised, Book two continued where one left off with a new major player. This individual made me think about the balance of good and evil and how most things or people aren’t one or the other, it’s all about the circumstances we find ourselves in. He actually had me rooting for him for a short while, but then I remembered myself.

I enjoyed the second book as much as I did the first. There were some scenes (sexual in nature) which surprised me. I’ll admit that there were times when I feared that my eyes would get stuck in my head from the excessive eye-rolling due to the drama of the novel which endeared it to me.

I’m looking forward to reading part three I have a feeling there’ll be a spectacular ending.


I give Seduced by Pain four out of five chocolate bars.

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I've heard of this series before, but wow, such pretty covers. Hope you enjoy the third one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers are lovely, and the writing is even more so.

      Delete

I love reading your comments.