Tuesday 4 March 2014

Prah and Constantine Review: Stubborn by Jeanne Arnold


This month’s pick went to Constantine and she chose Stubborn by Jeanne Arnold, a YA romance. I’m looking forward to heading on over to her blog to see what she thought of the book.


The Blurb

With a train ticket, a bad attitude, and an unfortunate scribbling of obscenities across her forehead, seventeen-year-old Avery Ross is tossed out of the frying pan and into the fire when she’s sent from New York to the vast oil field region of North Dakota. When a green-eyed boy with a sultry Texan accent comes to her defense, Avery has no clue that his actions will lead her into a passion-charged summer, full of temptation and loss. 

Defiant and relegated to work at her aunt’s boarding house, Avery discovers a connection between her aunt and the striking boy. He and his brothers are seeking revenge for the wrongful death of their sibling, and Avery becomes entangled in their battle over oil rights, loyalty, and love. Avery falls for the brooding, younger brother, Gabriel Halden, against her aunt’s forewarnings and creates more tribulations than any of them could anticipate.


My Review
Oh the angst and everything-must-be-done-my-way life of a teenager.  The drama that Avery, Gabe, and the whole crew of characters went through had me rolling my eyes, snickering, chuckling, encouraging, and saying “awww.” The story kept me on my toe, never knowing where the author would take it. Ms. Arnold is not a woman of straight paths when it comes to storytelling.  Love is the ultimate in their world and she did a fantastic job of bringing that out.

Gabe’s moody ways drove me nuts. Were some of his actions understandable? Yes. Others? Not in the least bit. And yet I liked this handsome green eyed Texan with his gentle, and when pushed with a feather, rowdy ways. I loved Avery. A spunky, smart assed, tough girl who didn’t take crap from anyone, except Gabe sometimes. Her sense of humor made me laugh. Stubborn is the perfect title for the book.

A wonderful novel that was easy to get into and kept me excited until I hit the last page.

I give this book four out five book shaped chocolate bars.

I purchased this novel from Amazon.com.

Now let’s scoot on over to Cathrina Constantine’s blog to get her perspective.

4 comments:

  1. You hit the nail on the head again, Nana. I totally agree with you this time! Good One!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good review! I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.