Here’s the awesome theme song by Ed Sheeran for you to listen to while you read my post. (I stayed for all of the credits to hear the whole song).
When my brother, Nab, got sick years ago, he wanted the The Hobbit book. Me being the awesome big sister and feeling guilty that it was him and not me that got ill, drove all over Cleveland, not a city I was familiar with, to find it. He appreciated it, never got to read it.
I read it years later and loved it. It holds a special meaning for me. I know without a doubt that if my brother had lived and seen the movie, we would’ve discussed it for days on end. I’ll share a few of my impressions with you, my fabulous readers, instead.
1. I want to be an elf- they’re the best mystical beings ever. They’re beautiful, but are not to be crossed, because they can kick arse (just like me). Except I’d love to have a touch of their magic, okay all of it.
2. Love comes during unexpected moments, sometimes with the least likely individual.
3. Never give up, even when it all seems to be at an end, the light will shine and show you the way.
4. Being brave is only a matter of looking within yourself and doing what you never thought you could do. Just do it.
5. From the creators of the movie I learned that when you have an idea, no matter how grand or impossible it seems, you can make it happen.
As wonderful as both Parts I and II of The Hobbit turned out to be and look forward to the last segment, I enjoyed the book better.
Thank you all for sticking with me in 2013. See you in 2014 – the year to rock all years (until 2015 comes).
Did you see read the book or watch the movie? Any impressions?