I’m a music lover. Even when I was in the US I listened to world music, but I’ll admit that I didn’t readily listen to music from Ghana unless one of my mother’s friends was throwing a party and I was
forced to dance.
There is all sorts of music here to enjoy.
- Western music - of which I was already familiar
- High life - the old timers Ghanaian music which is smooth
- Hip life - Ghanaian music with a beat. Modern music I like to dance and exercise to
- Traditional and modern gospel music - sung in English and the local dialects
- Many ethnic groups have their own local songs
I’ll leave you with one of my favorite Ghanaian artists, Kwabena Kwabena. A very popular song called Aso. Don't worry if you don't understand the lyrics, he's singing in one of the local dialects called Twi. Basically his girl cheats on him. Stupid girl.