Thursday 12 September 2013

The Good of #Ghana – The people

Akwaaba (welcome in Twi). 

I might be a little bit biased, but the people of Ghana rock! Okay, not all of them, but I did promise not to mention the bad or the ugly of Ghana, right?

Ghana boasts of the most hospitable people that exist in the world. This is no lie. We are a super friendly people (for the most part).

My little friend Bea, leading me into my room
(notice the cell phone she's holding for me at her back)

Need directions, no problem, ask and they will direct you if they know where the place is, some people will even go out of their way to take you to your destination.

Need company, no issues there, get up and head over to a friend's house and you will be received, even without a prior phone call (don't try this with me though, I'll pretend I'm not home). 

Most Ghanaians will take the time out of their day to chat. Not just with foreigners but with other Ghanaians too. Loneliness is not really an issue in this country, and I think that's wonderful. 


If you decide to come to Ghana, know that you will be thoroughly welcomed and treated with graciousness and hospitality.

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to come to Ghana some day. It looks beautiful! And I want to hug little Bea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful, but Bea is fiercly independent and not the huggy sort of girl.

      Delete
  2. She looks so cute! The Ghana people sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cute is Bea? What a doll! I love her little dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a cutie. The best part is that she's smart too.

      Delete
  4. Nice perspective....Sounds like am more than overdue for a visit to my roots.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Africa will always welcome you with open arms.

      Delete

I love reading your comments.