Sunday 15 September 2013

Super duper book review: Kiru Taye's Men of Valor series.

One day I went book crazy and bought all of the books in Kiru Taye’s Men of Valor series. I’m smiling because it was so worth it.

The romance  stories are set in pre-colonial Nigeria and were hot enough to make me turn off my kindle when I thought someone was reading over my shoulder. All of the novellas are connected, but can be read as stand alone books too. They are quick, flirty reads that will have you pressing the 'next page' button before you have time to process that you are reading at the speed of light.

I adore the covers, they are unique and true to the series.


The Blurb
A historical romance set in pre-colonial West Africa. A first of its kind.

In a time when men ruled their households with firm hands, can a quiet man tame his rebellious wife with persevering love?

Angry at being forced to marry a man not of her choosing, Adaku stubbornly shuns her new husband on their wedding night. However, she soon discovers there are worse things than giving into a man whose touch awakens her deep desires. In a land where fruitfulness is celebrated, she could soon be labeled a barren woman.

Obinna knows there are several ways to tame a rebellious woman. Patience and perseverance are two of them. Adaku is his treasure and he will never let her go. When her fears push her into his arms, will he be able to convince her to stay with him forever by unleashing the passion within her?


My Review
His Treasure  was immensely sweet with loads of passion thrown in. A story of a wife finally falling in love with her husband and letting go of the love she once thought she wanted. The hero was so patient and loving that it made my heart sigh. His Treasure was a quick eventful read.


The Blurb
This novella is book 2 in the Men of Valor historical romance series.

When a warrior seeks to claim a free-spirited woman, he soon discovers a tigress unwilling to be caged. Is the hunter about to be hunted?

As a young widow, Nneka yearns to be released from the obligations to her late husband’s family and live as an independent woman. With a past coloured by a brutal father, she’ll never yield to another man willingly and will do just about anything to attain that freedom including flouting the laws of the land.

Ikem was unable to claim Nneka once because his lineage meant he wasn’t good enough. Now fate has given him another chance. But he quickly discovers that claiming this unpredictable wildcat is easier said than done. Will he be able to convince her that succumbing to their passion is the key to her freedom?

My Review
His Strength was hot. Kiru Taye tightened the rope with this one (no spoilers from me). It was steamy yet romantic. The Alpha male, Ikem was also a soft teddy bear when it came to the heroine,  Nneka. Their story was more than sexual, Ms. Taye was able to develop and bring forth the depth within their relationship.  I recommend this book if you're looking for something that will make you blush and clap at the end.



The Blurb
With the weight of a kingdom on his shoulders and his honor at stake, can a Prince truly love a slave?

Ezinne is dismayed when her mistress presents her to Prince Emeka as a concubine to cater for his every need for a few weeks. She’s a slave whose previous encounters with men make her fear their brutality.

Yet the more she gets to know the powerful yet honorable prince, the easier he breaks down the walls around her heart. She soon comes to want him more than she wants anything else, even freedom.

But Emeka is the heir to the throne and Ezinne is a woman with secrets that threaten not just their budding relationship but a kingdom.


My Review
His Princess was the longest of the series and in my opinion it was the – I won’t tell you, I’ll let you formulate your own opinion. This book was fantastic. Throughout it I kept wondering how the hero and heroine would end up together. When the major revelation came I said, “Hot holy crap” out loud because I didn’t see it coming. And then Ms. Taye brought forth more surprises and all I could do was shake my head at the awesomeness of the story she had woven. Just like the other stories in the Men of Valor series, I whole heartedly recommend this book.


The Blurb
When a warrior’s restraint is tested, will he do his duty to the kingdom or succumb to the lure of a maiden?

Oma should fear the fierce warrior whose captive she’s become after she is seized while spying. The penalty is the lash of his whip. The ache in her body is not from the sting of his flogger but from the scorching heat of his touch. Still, she has to resist him if she wishes to safeguard the secrets she hides.

Jide is the prince’s closest guard. His duty is to keep the royal family safe, so he should deliver instant justice to the spy in his chambers. Yet the intense fire in the eyes of his beautiful prisoner Oma stirs him beyond that of any other maiden in his past. When his self-control is tried which will he choose—hand her over for punishment or defy the prince and protect her?

My Review
Her Protector was the sweetest novella I've ever read by Kiru, meaning there was no sex in it at all. I kept waiting for it to come, but it didn't, and I was okay with it because the story was wonderful. I love an alpha male and a strong heroine with a secret to hide.


All books were purchased from Amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! These are hot and beautifully reviewed. I love the plots, with the powerful African setting for a refreshing change. Well done, Kiru and Nana.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.