Saturday 31 August 2013

Book Review: Seriously, Sitara? by Nishat Fatima


The Blurb
Sitara Gopalasundaram – single, high-minded, just-over thirty, arts editor of Hommemagazine, with a mop of uncontrollable hair and no time for Bollywood types – is seriously upset.
Commanded to unearth the story behind Bollywood superstud Nasser Khan’s much-talked-about reclusive status, following the break-up of his long-standing engagement to a cinematic bimbette, is nothing short of a nightmare for someone who can’t quite tell her Khans apart.

Things get worse as what she had hoped would be a one-time, never-again, meeting turns out to be the first of a series of strange encounters, as fate keep throwing her back into the arms of Bollywood’s reigning pin-up boy. Blown away by the high octane world of showbiz, Sitara still thinks she can get her life back to its normal humdrum routine.
Seriously?

My Review
I laughed throughout the book. Oh my goodness it was funny. I would have probably laughed more if I had gotten all of the jokes and the modes of speech that was used. Ms. Fatima did a great job mixing romance and comedy, which is not an easy thing to do.

The spunky yet intelligent Sitara made a wonderful, believable, if accident prone heroine. Nasser was a hottie (Bollywood would have nothing less), even though his arrogance was a little overbearing at times, but he ended up having a huge heart.

My only issue with this book was that I didn’t get all of the references, and sometimes the way Ms. Fatima presented something was lost on me, but it didn’t take me too far out of the book.

If you are looking for a novel that will have you  chuckling, but make you sigh at the end, then Seriously, Sitara? is for you.

I give this book four out of five chocolate bars.


I bought my copy from Amazon.com

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Review, Nana. We all need to laugh more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I do love a book that can make me laugh.

      Delete
  2. Great review, as usual. Humour and fun are good in a novel.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.