Wednesday 29 May 2019

Review: Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals #2.6) by Alyssa Cole


The Blurb
Regina Hobbs is nerdy by nature, businesswoman by nurture. She's finally taking her pop culture-centered media enterprise, Girls with Glasses, to the next level, but the stress is forcing her to face a familiar supervillain: insomnia. The only thing that helps her sleep when things get this bad is the deep, soothing voice of puzzle-obsessed live streamer Gustave Nguyen. The problem? His archive has been deleted.

Gus has been tasked with creating an escape room themed around a romance anime…except he knows nothing about romance or anime. Then mega-nerd and anime expert Reggie comes calling, and they make a trade: his voice for her knowledge. But when their online friendship has IRL chemistry, will they be able to escape love? 

My Review
This book had me holding my hand over my heart because it was so darn touching. It had everything that makes a romance novel great and Ms. Cole’s superb and engaging writing style had me in awe.
The heroine, Reggie, was strong, determined to succeed at everything she tried and just plain awesome. Her flaw of wanting to do everything herself was one of those “interview” type weakness because even that made her a better heroine. She kicked ass and didn’t let anything, not even her disability stop her. Reggie just rocked all over the place. 

Gus was just so sweet. He didn’t even seem to have to try to make Reggie happy. By the nature of him being who he was, he just did and that lead to a terrific romance. And he was blunt. I covered my mouth a time or two on his behalf wishing he would have kept the words inside. The way he treated Reggie with so much respect (even though she naturally commanded it) was just so fabulous. 
The chemistry between them was far from geeky. Their romance had heat, yet it moved at a pace that suited the characters. 

Be warned that the humor in the book was definitely on the dorky side. I’m okay with admitting that I didn’t get it all, but I sure did enjoy it.

I haven’t read a book that I have enjoyed this much since A Duke By Default by Ms. Cole. Also a fabulous read. Heck get the whole series because they‘re all great.

I give this book five out of five salad dressing bottle shaped chocolate bars. 

Purchased my copy from AmazonUK.

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds so cute! Love anything with a good dose of dorky humor. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. It was a fantastic book.

      Delete

I love reading your comments.