Monday 19 March 2018

Spotlight: Kyler by C.A. Harms

Title: Kyler
Author: C.A. Harms
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Published: March 6, 2018
Page Count: 177 Pages
Publisher: Limitless Publishing, LLC
He was off-limits. Forbidden. I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with him...

Kyler was my boyfriend’s best friend. I never looked at him as anything more than a friend too, but that all changed when Beau deceived me.

One unexpected night, one moment of truth, and that imaginary line between friendship and lovers was crossed.

Secrets were shared. Desires fulfilled. There’s no going back now.
Our lives were changed forever…


Kyler Excerpt © C.A. Harms 2018

The sound of an approaching car gained my attention, and I got up and moved forward with purpose. Ashlynn’s car slowed to a stop just beside my bike and I barely waited for her car door to open before I moved toward her.
“What are you—”
I didn’t give her the opportunity to finish before I gripped the back of her neck and pressed her body against the side of her car. I used my own frame to hold her in place, and just before I kissed her, I saw her eyes widen in surprise.
A moan escaped her and I found it drove me. I knew she felt something.
I was so lost in our kiss, the way her hands circled my waist as she held me tighter that I didn’t get the opportunity to see it coming.
Something impacted the side of my head and I stumbled sideways, bracing myself on the side of Ashlynn’s car.
I faintly heard my name as I shook my head to clear the haze.
“You couldn’t fucking wait to swoop in and play hero, could you?” I looked up to see Beau standing between me and Ashlynn, seething with anger. “You were always trying to play the martyr when it came to me and Ashlynn. Looking for every chance you could take to jump in and be the good guy.”
“Well, someone had to be the good guy.” I stood tall and stepped toward him, closing the distance between us. “Because we all know you don’t have the ability to be the good guy. Too busy focused on every other girl besides the one who should have truly mattered.”
My words only seemed to infuriate him further, but at this point, I no longer cared. It was out, he’d seen me kissing her. So even if she didn’t want this to go any further than it had, the damage was already done.
Beau gripped my shirt and I didn’t even flinch. Instead, I chuckled.
“You wanna hit me?”
“Yeah,” he sneered.
C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full-blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.
Hosted By: 
 

2 comments:

I love reading your comments.