Tuesday 5 July 2016

Prah, Constatine, and Baryeh Review: A Breath of Fresh Air: An African American Romance Story by Kalyssa Powell





I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. This month we went for something short and sweet.  Remember to stop by Constantine and Baryeh’s blogs to see what they thought of the book.




The Blurb
Air Robertson was fine with dreaming of the perfect guy, the perfect romance, and the perfect life. But after she meets her dream guy, her own sense of doubt tries to sabotage her growing feelings for this wonderful man. How can someone as handsome and charming as Corey Travis still be single? Air wants to believe that it is fate, but she can’t be sure.

All the while, strange things have been happening around Air’s apartment. From her front door getting vandalized to her cell receiving strange text messages, Air has no idea what to make of these occurrences. Are they merely harmless pranks? Or is there something more going on?

Amidst awkward beginnings, dealing with the past, and falling in love, Air learns that there is no such thing as the perfect guy. But she also learns that when it comes to true love, no one needs a perfect guy to be happy.

My Review
To by honest this book was too short to be satisfying. I didn’t get into the characters. I learned very little about the hero, and Air had no history to her. She acted more like a teenager than an adult. They fell in love way too quickly for my liking and the resolution to their conflict left the story feeling empty. I also got a little distracted by the name Air, which I was expecting an explanation of but never got.

I got my free copy from Amazon.

5 comments:

  1. We're definitely on the same page with this review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Guess the author did not flesh out her story well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame how this story ended up being so empty for you, since the summary sounds so promising. Characters falling in love too quickly always gives me pause, too. Hopefully the next book you pick up will be a more rewarding read than this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.