Tuesday 2 December 2014

Prah and Constantine Review: Unexpected Gifts (A Castle Mountain Lodge Romance) by Elena Aitken



Please don’t cry but this is the last Prah and Constatine review for 2014. It’s been a great year of reading and we hope to join you again next year. Since Christmas is right around the corner, we chose a Christmas book to help you get into the holiday spirit.
Remember to head over to Constantine’s blog when you’re done here.

The Blurb
Let it snow! Cozy up to the Castle Mountain Lodge in the middle of the remote Canadian Rockies for Unexpected Gifts.

Christmas represents everything Andi Williams is supposed to have, and doesn't. Running away to a remote mountain lodge in the Canadian Rockies, sounds like the perfect way to escape, until a mix-up finds her sharing a villa with sexy, rough around the edges, Colin Hartford.

Colin's determination to enjoy the holiday he’s missed for the last five years, sweeps Andi into a season of joy that she’s not sure she’s ready for. Can Andi open herself up to everything the holidays have to offer...including love?

My Review
I was amazed at the obstacles Ms. Aitken threw into her characters lives. I was expecting a light book full of Christmas cheer. Instead I got: laughter, a few “oh my godnesses”, and a “kick his ass.”

As Colin showed Andi how to get into the Christmas spirit I kind of experienced it myself. Okay, so I didn’t actually feel the snow, but the fun they shared on their outings got me happy.

Their romance was endearing and sweet. I loved it.

A book to read to get you into a wonderful holiday spirit.

I give this novel four out of five ice skate shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased this book from Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Great Review, Nana!!! I think we are in agreement on this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are. I wonder if we'll have more clashes next year. 2015 should be interesting.

      Delete
  2. Sounds sweet - I need this too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.