|Just a little confused|
Hi loyal, but most times sometimes random, fans of my blog. I have quite the conundrum. To blog or not to blog?
I recently read a book that told me blogging is not necessary to being a successful author. I kind of have a feeling she’s correct. I was talking to an author friend of mine (who blogs) the other day and I mentioned that a popular author that we both know doesn’t blog. Hmmmm. And then I read this book telling me that if blogging isn’t productive or projecting me forward as a writer (my words not hers), then I should stop.
Now I have to justify why I blog and if I should continue or cease (stop crying please).
My reasons for blogging:
- I get to post my reviews with chocolate bar ratings
- Prah and Constantine Review (I love seeing what Constantine thought of the same book)
- I host awesome books, authors, and contests
- The Color of Love Blog Hop (all blog hops actually)
- I’ve met some great people through my blog
- It helps with my platform (urm, kind of)
- Blogging helps me to increase my overall writing word count (but I could do this by spending that time writing publishable novels)
- As much work as it is sometimes, I really enjoy it
I’m going to have to give it some serious thought to see if it’s worth it for me to keep blogging.
What do you think? Does blogging help or hinder an author’s success?
Happy New Year Everyone!