Tuesday 3 June 2014

Warning: Kissing can be hazardous to your health #romance

Ever notice in movies how the guy sometimes cups the woman’s face before kissing her? Looks romantic right? Not if his hands roam down and decide to cup her neck, he gets all into the kiss and applies more pressure than is necessary. Eventually cutting off her carotid artery, decreasing the amount of blood circulating to the brain, and down she falls.

One of my medical doctor friends, told me a story about this happening once. No harm done in the end to the lady, so I can laugh without feeling guilty, which I did and am still am, because it’s pretty darn funny. I wonder if the guy thought his kiss was so potent that it literally knocked her out.

Disney gives us examples :

Do



Don't (especially with two hands)

Warning to all kissers out there, romance novels and movies don’t have this warning so I’ll provide it. Not all things that you see and read are meant to be done. If you do it, let me know the outcome, I’m always looking for a good laugh (if no one gets hurt that is).

8 comments:

  1. LOL. This made me laugh thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana! Are you saying when the heat is raging, the kissers will remember the procedure of kissing? Okay, I don't give it a thought. My heroes and heroines haven't too.

    May be I can introduce this in some way in my writing? But I'm worried about the spontaneity vanishing. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a warning, Stella. In nursing school we're taught not to assess a patient's neck using both hands at the same time. Same concept applies to kissing. Just saying.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, what a memorable kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. She lost consciousness so she may not have remembered a thing.

      Delete
  4. Nana, can you hear me chuckling??? Good One!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.