Friday 16 November 2012

Parents do what they have to do for their children


    A memory hit me recently that had me laughing out loud. My mother was a gentle person, a hard worker by nature and a pacifist of sorts. When it came to her children she was protective, disciplinarian (yeah that belt came out a time or two, or a hundred), and loving.

   I must have been 7 years old when I ran into the house complaining to my mother that someone had taken my big wheel and wasn't giving it back. Without a word she put on her shoes and off we went. I didn’t know what to expect, because she was such a nice person to everyone. When we got to the kid who had my big wheel, she didn't say a word. She grabbed the big wheel by the handle, tipped it over and let the kid flip over onto the ground, and back to the house we went. I was shocked, but so happy to have my big wheel back. No one ever tried to take it again.
   When it comes to their children a good parent will go to the ends of the earth to rectify a wrong, and in my opinion that’s a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.