Monday 8 October 2012

The end is so disappointing


            All things must end, but when an experience is enjoyable and you don’t want it to end then the disappointment when it ends is horrible. I find this to be true when I’m talking to a close friend, eating the best cheesecake I have ever tasted in my life, having an excellent workout or taking a trip where the weather is great and there is so much to see and do that I just want it to last just a little bit longer.

It also happens when I read a great book. When I am getting closer to the end I tend to slow down because I don’t want it to end. For me that’s how I know a book has become an experience, when I don’t want to stop reading it even though I know it must come to a close because there are other great books to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.