Tuesday 27 August 2013

I’ll Take Care of You

I was listening to the lyrics of I’ll Take Care of You by Drake featuring Rhianna. I could listen to listen to this song all day.  One of the lines caught my attention and screamed BLOG POST!

      
Dealing with a heart I didn’t break

I remember my first serious relationship. He was my heart. I really really really loved this man. I was open and free with him and I thought we were going to get married and live together forever and ever. And then he dumped me and helped me to create my baggage. Baggage that some poor schmuck would have to deal with later when they tried to love me.
 
Drake’s line  summarizes the majority of romance novels that I have ever read. Either the hero or heroine, sometimes both have to break through barriers of the person they love, that they never helped to create. They have to bear the consequences of someone else’s actions in order to love the person their heart has chosen. It doesn’t seem fair. But then again love tends to overcome insurmountable circumstances.

Have you ever had to deal with a heart you didn’t break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.