Saturday 20 April 2013

R is for Retro (back in time for us today)



I’m pretty sure some of you were anticipating that I’d write about romance, but as my students would say, “I swerved you.” I had this idea for a contest a couple months ago to get people to follow my blog. I wanted to hide each comment that was made so people couldn’t look at other people’s answers, but I couldn’t figure out how so I didn’t run the contest.
    Now it’s time to play my retro game. Since no prizes are involved you can cheat to your heart’s content. Hope you enjoy it.

1. What is the name of this duo in hot pants?

2. Didn't this amazing group whittle down to three members? Who are they?

3. Name this movie

4. This is a giveaway. What's this man's name?

5. I talked about hair in my H post. Michael J. Fox is one hairy dude in which movie?

6. Hold on tight you know she's a little bit _________

7. What group did Boy George sing with?
Check out the other blogs participating in the A to Z challenge.

17 comments:

  1. 1. Wham
    4. Prince
    5. Teenage Werewolf?
    6. dangerous
    7. um... I should know this but it's slipping my mind.

    I love retro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince changed his name to some kind of symbol for a while, then back to Prince, right? Thanks for the Retro memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did, but I can't remember what symbol it was. Didn't seem like a very good marketing move to me.

      Delete
  3. I'm stuck on the movie? And girl group. Used to love teen wolf and culture club ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma Karma Karma Karma Camelion. Those are the lyrics that I used to sing. I still don't know if they are right.

      Delete
  4. I didn't do very well, I got Prince, Teen Wolf and Culture Club...Oh yea, Wham ...what was the lead singer's name...George Michael? He was one hot little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are the answers everyone:
    1. Wham
    2. En Vogue
    3. Poetic Justice
    4. Prince
    5. Teenwolf
    6. Dangerous (Roxette)
    7. Culture Club
    I hope you enjoyed playing as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only one I know is Prince. LOL! I'm way too retro and this is long after me. Fun though!

    KaTy Did at: Life's Ride As I See It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One out of seven isn't bad. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. LOL. I didn't know any. Apparently I'm not very retro! Good idea for a competition though!

    Rinelle Grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rinelle. I have a feeling you are retro in other categories.

      Delete
  8. Wham
    no idea
    no idea
    Prince
    Teen Wolf
    no idea
    Culture Club.
    Ahhhh half. But fun!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and participating in the game Connie. Half is not bad. Good job.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for this fun retro look from my teen years :)

    Happy A to Z-ing!

    www.solotravelgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.