Thursday 24 January 2013

Spell check has irreparably spoiled me


       I’m sure that if I were to turn off the spell check on my computer, my work would be unreadable due to deplorable spelling. Perhaps I’m being a little dramatic, but honestly, am I? 

      Words that I think I should know how to spell and type in with confidence come up with a red squiggly underline. Rather than just have the computer change it for me I analyze the word, change what I think is wrong and when the computer doesn’t remove the annoying red underline I inevitably right click and find the correct spelling. Not before I compare my spelling with the correct spelling do I click on the computer to implement the change. It’s sad really.
       Does anyone know how to spell without the aid of spell check anymore?  I’ll go out on a limb and say most definately (oops, that’s definitely) not. I want to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.